Relationship Growth Program
Following is a list of topics for couples therapy and coaching. Content is inserted into your treatment plan based on the unique needs and goals of each couple. The format for therapy and coaching is either individual sessions or Private Couples Retreats.
- Plan – logistics, schedule, and process
- Trust the process – surrender the outcome
- Relationship Rule Book
- Begin with the end in mind – accountability and maintenance
Problems, Crises, and Opportunities
- Past – how did we get here?
- Present – what is the current state of our relationship?
- Future – hopes, dreams, fears, goals
- The foundation of our relationship
- Emotions and Social Intelligence
- The Love Ladder
- Dialogues vs Discussions
- Skills, tools, structure for difficult conversations
- 5 reasons why communication fails
- The joy of healthy conflict resolution!
Who am I and who is my partner?
- Personality and Communication Assessments
- Values, worldviews, and family of origin
- Growth mindset vs Destiny mindset
- Love languages
- Mental health issues (Asperger’s, Anxiety, Mood, Addictions including sex, Impulse control – ADD/ADHD, etc.)
Relationship Success Factors
- Components of a thriving relationship and warning signs
- Relationships move at the speed of trust (Hogan)
- Duplex Theory of Love (Sternberg)
5 C’s of Intimacy (into me you will see)
- 7 levels of intimate communication
Difficult issues and reconciling past wounds
- Values, priorities, time management and life balance
- Extended family and culture
- Intimacy (Sexual and non-sexual)
- Jealousy, infidelity, and affairs
- Digital distraction
- Parenting, failure to launch, and in-laws
- Addiction and mental health
- Power sharing and responsibilities
- Religion and spiritual issues
- Life transitions: births, deaths, empty nests, career transitions, retirement
Individual growth work
- Brain training (neurofeedback), stress management, and emotional regulation
- Personal health and balance
- 5 components of well-being and 4 levels of happiness
- Take risks
- Take notes
- Integrating the past with the future in the present
- New insights & expectations
- Re-imagining our future
- What have we learned?
- What decisions are needed?
- How best to implement these decisions
- What support do we need?