Dr. Thomas Lucking, PhD, LMFT
Dr. Thomas Lucking is passionate about understanding the human experience and what it takes for people to flourish as individuals, in relationships, and in the workplace. His own career path, from a Microsoft software engineer to licensed psychotherapist, life coach, and psychology professor, represents the diversity and complexity of the human journey. He embraces an integral approach in his work with individuals, couples, families, and teams in the workplace. Dr. Lucking’s specialties and research interests include:
- Anxiety and stress management especially related to work-life balance
- Asperger’s, Autism, and ADHD including Neurodiverse couples
- Couples, families, and relationships including dating, sexuality, parenting, co-parenting, step-parenting, divorce, and infidelity
- Decision making, discernment, and conflict resolution
- Digital addiction and failure to launch
- Emotional intelligence, goal setting, and vision-setting
- Personality typing, optimal well-being, and positive psychology
- Spirituality, identity, and existential issues
- Trauma and attachment disorders
Dr. Lucking is founder and director of Silicon Valley Therapy (www.SiliconValleyTherapy.co). Silicon Valley Therapy provides psychotherapy, coaching, and consulting services to clients in the Bay Area and beyond. Dr. Lucking has created multiple therapeutic and coaching modalities including 167 Therapy, RMT (Relationship-based, Metric-driven Therapy), ISM (Island of Shared Meaning healthy communication), and waVe (With A Vision We All Excel). Dr. Lucking believes the change process is multi-faceted. He empowers individuals, couples, families, and teams with education, experiences, neurofeedback, and practical tools. This empowerment drives coherent communication, prosocial behavior, habit change, deep insights, reconciliation of past wounds, and relationships that thrive.
Dr. Lucking is a professor in a master’s level psychology program. He has received degrees in computer science, counseling psychology, theology, and completed his doctoral research in positive psychology. His mission is to serve in a way that honors the Biblical mandate to “do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with God” (Micah 6:8). Dr. Lucking has decades of experience helping individuals, relationships, families, and organizations create a purpose-driven future rooted in ongoing transformation and growth.